Oliver is committed that your privacy is protected. Should we request that you provide certain information, when using our services for which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Olivers Property Agents Limited of Unit 4B3, Site 3, Ellough Airfield, Beccles, Suffolk, NR34 7TE.
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number Z2494005
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, Email address, address, phone numbers
- Copies of identification documents such as Passport, driving licence and utility bills
- Date of birth and financial details and any other information you choose to provide to us
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and where the provision of personal data is part of a statutory/contractual requirement and in failing to give the information, Olivers cannot perform the duties of the contract.
As necessary for compliance with a legal obligation necessary to protect the legitimate interests of a client:
- Reference checks
- Anti-money laundering checks
- To confirm viewing appointments
- To prepare tenancy agreements
- Right to rent checks
- For maintenance on the property you rent to be passed onto 3rd party contractors for access to be arranged.
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not permit our third party service providers to use your information for their own purposes. We only allow them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by;
- Emailing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contacting us via our contact form on our website https://www.olivers.co.uk/contact-us/
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998/GDPR. Should you wish to withdraw your consent of your information being processed or if you would like a copy of the information held on you please email to email@example.com. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Olivers Property Agents Limited of Unit 4B3, Site 3, Ellough Airfield, Beccles, Suffolk, NR34 7TE.
- Data Controller: Ben Forder