*** LET AGREED ***
Charming first floor flat refurbished to a high standard, excellent location in the centre of Halesworth, a short walk to local amenities, the railway station and bus. Available: LET AGREED
The Hawk can be found in Halesworth next to the library. Bridge Street is at the northern end of The Thoroughfare (the pedestrianised high street). Parking for residents is in the Hawk yard.
Halesworth is a historic market town located in the northeast corner of Suffolk, primarily centred around a pedestrianised high street. Market day is Wednesday. The Cut Theatre with many cultural activities is close by. Halesworth has the largest millennium green in the UK with around 44 acres of grazing marsh providing a haven for wildlife. Halesworth railway station is a short walk from The Hawk, with links to Lowestoft and through Ipswich to London Liverpool Street.
• COMMUNAL HALLWAY: Tiled floor leading to carpeted stairs and access to upstairs flats.
• INNER HALLWAY: Fitted carpets, built in cupboard with immersion heater. Independent access to each room:
• BEDROOM: 9′ 11″ x 11′ 9″ (3.03m x 3.6m) Good sized room with fitted carpet, electric room heater and built in wardrobe.
• KITCHEN / LOUNGE: 11′ 8″ x 11′ 9″ (3.58m x 3.6m) fitted carpet, electric room heater, kitchen suite comprising range of wall and based mounted kitchen units with stainless-steel sink, cooker alcove with extractor hood above.
• SHOWER ROOM: 7′ 0″ x 5′ 1″ (2.15m x 1.56m) Shower room suite including electric shower and quadrant enclosure, extractor fan, low level WC, hand basin, electric towel rail. Vinyl flooring.
• OUTSIDE There is a small paved shared courtyard.
• PARKING – THE HAWK Off road parking (one space only) subject to availability
• FURTHER PARKING OPTION – BRIDGE STREET PAY AND DISPLAY – Charges as of 02nd July 2020 – Currently East Suffolk council are only offering weekly Permits at £10.00 per week
1) Application stage
• Complete the application form
• Provide photographic Identification (e.g. Passport, Driving license)
• Proof of current address (e.g. Council tax bill, Utility bill or Bank Statement – dated within past 3 months),
2) Holding Deposit
Pay a holding deposit of 1 weeks rent – credited against the applicant’s final balance, on your approval
The holding deposit will be refunded to the Applicant where:
• The Landlord withdraws from the application process
• The Applicants and Landlord fail to enter into a tenancy agreement within 14 days
The holding deposit will not be refunded to the Applicant where:
a) The applicant withdraws from the application process before contracts are signed
b) The application does not pass Right to Rent checks
c) The Applicant provides false or misleading information, and the Landlord or his Agent is reasonably entitled to take into account the Applicant’s actions in providing false or misleading information or the difference between the false and correct information in deciding whether to grant a tenancy to the Applicant;
d) The Applicant notifies the landlord or letting agent within 14 days from receipt of the holding deposit that the Applicant does not want to enter into a tenancy agreement.
e) The Landlord or his Agent takes all reasonable steps to enter into a tenancy agreement, within 14 days from the date of receipt of the holding deposit, but the tenant fails to take all reasonable steps to enter into the agreement before that date.
3) Credit check / Reference
We will then administer credit checks, obtain references from current or previous landlords, confirmation of Employment, affordability and carry out Right to rent checks. – The results of these checks will be reported to your prospective Landlord
4) Before the Tenancy Starts
• Pay one month’s rent (payable in advance)
• Pay a Deposit: equivalent to five weeks rent (Secured with the Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS) for the tenancy duration)
5) Payments during the tenancy
• Gas, Electricity, Water, Telephone, Broadband, Television license and Council Tax (as appropriate)
• £50.00 (Inc vat) if you want to change the tenancy agreement
• interest for the late payment of rent at a rate at 3% above the Bank of England’s base rate
• £50.00 (Inc vat) for the reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices
• Any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy
• Any other permitted payments, not included above, under Tenant Fees Act
6) Other notes
• Sorry the property is not suitable for pets
• No Smoking is permitted at the premises